- 26 March 2023: Reverend Captain Isabel Healy – Morrow. Isabel was a member of The Royal Westminster Regiment Band and chaplain to the Rocky Mountain Rangers.
- 12 November 2022: David Jeffs: He served for about 35yrs when he transferred to the Royal Westminster Regiment’s Band in 1975 from a Regiment in Toronto and retired about 10yrs ago for medical reasons.
- 3 November 2022: Sidney (Sid) Estey
- 14 April 2022: Major Glen W. Hollings, CD. He was born in New Westminster and grew up in Surrey and Prince George. He was an army cadet before he joined the Rocky Mountain Rangers and in 1967 he transferred to the Royal Westminster Regiment. He worked at the Royal Bank and due to bank transfer to Williams Lake he left the Regiment in 1980. After retiring from the bank he became a real estate broker and was involved in many volunteer organizations in particular the local and International Rotary Clubs.
- 16 January 2022: Corporal Terrance (Terry) Oliver. He served in the Royal Westminster Regiment from the late 1950’s to his retirement in 1990’s. A few years after his retirement he was working with the Regimental Museum. The shadow boxes on the parade square are one of the many contributions Terry coordinated with other retired members to bring the traditions and history to life for the current serving members.
- 12 January 2022: WO Laurence (Larry) Beckett. He first joined military as a reservist and later continued his military service by joining the Royal Canadian Air Force as a Cook. After leaving the RCAF he rejoined the military as a Cook in the Army Reserve and retired in 2003. He was a member of the Royal Canadian Legion and the Royal Westminster Regiment Association.
- 29 August 2021: BGen. Herbert (Herb) Hamm. He joined the Regiment in 1946 was a former CO of the Regiment, twice, before he was commander of the Pacific Military Area from 1976 to 1979 and he made a significant difference with the Association and Museum.
- 25 August 2021: Maj. Victor (Bert) Larsen OMM, CE. He was a former bandsman and played the cornet.
- 7 May 2021: Rick Smith: He was a former RSS RQM in the Regiment in the late 70′ to early 80’s for about 6yrs. He died from brain cancer.
- 12 March 2021: Col. Howe Lee: The Regiments museum’s founder.
- 31 October 2020: Cpl. James Choi left us on a live fire exercise in CFB Wainwright.
- 12 May 2020: Rob Brandreth-Gibbs: A man that accomplish many things in his life as well as being a member of the Regiment.
- 2 April 2020: Maj. G.B Pickell: He was a former RSM of the Regiment.
- Tim Lessard
- Matt Wilson
2 thoughts on “Fallen members”
Comments are closed.